Is your question "Which swing bed size will fit my space?"
If are buying a swing bed for the first time and are limited on your porch, patio or pergola, our Swing Bed Fit Guide will help you determine what size swing bed you need for a perfect fit.
Much of the time it is personal preference, but a few measurements taken will help you feel more confident with your purchase and installation.
For any questions or concerns about that perfect fit or installation, please contact us at the following email: [email protected].
Download this guide in PDF format:
Use the following steps to determine which swing bed size will fit your space:
Step 1 – Determining the ceiling joist location.
The swing direction of your frame should be based on the direction of your structural ceiling joists. We recommend that your hanging mechanism or hardware should be attached or installed directly into the joists.
Our swing beds are designed with 4 HANGING POINTS of contact for Twin size and Crib size.
Step 2 – Determine whether you have the space for a Twin size or Crib size.
- Allow approximately 15" – 18" for the front of the swing
- Allow approximately 15" – 18" for the back of the swing
- Allow approximately 12" for each side of the swing
Twin size overall space recommendations:
- Approximately 105" wide x 78" deep
Crib size overall space recommendations:
- Approximately 82" wide x 67" deep
Step 3 – Determine the Hanging Kit size to order.
Measure from the floor (or ground) to the ceiling and then order the corresponding Hanging Kit height.
- Our chain kits are cut to the length ordered so if you need a little extra, simply order the next size up in length. This extra will help with making adjustments during installation.
- Our rope kits come 12"” longer to provide the needed rope for making the hanging knot at the bottom of the swing.